Have you been asked to teach GSCE Physics topics but do not feel comfortable / familiar with the practical work. This workshop will enable you to actually do the key experiments and explore alternative approaches. It will also check your understanding of key concepts such as precision and accuracy.
What will it cover?
• The specific heat capacity of one or more materials.
• The effectiveness of different materials as thermal insulators and the factors that may affect them
• Use circuit diagrams to set up and check appropriate circuits to investigate the factors affecting the resistance of electrical circuits.
• Use circuit diagrams to construct appropriate circuits to investigate the I–V characteristics of a variety of circuit elements
• The densities of regular and irregular solid objects and liquids.
• The relationship between force and extension for a spring.
• The effect of varying the force or mass on the acceleration of an object produced by a constant force.
• Measure the frequency, wavelength and speed of waves in a ripple tank and waves in a solid
• The reflection of light by different types of surface and the refraction of light by different substances.
• How the amount of infrared radiation absorbed or radiated by a surface depends on the nature of that surface.
- Available spaces: 21
- Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Add to your calendar
- Brooke Weston Teaching School
- Coomb Road, Great Oakley, Corby, NN18 8LA
- United Kingdom
Bookings are closed for this event.