CPD for teachers and trainers to develop skills and knowledge needed to improve gender equality in schools and places of learning.
– Unconscious bias: What is unconscious bias? Learn about its effect on you and your students, and explore strategies to address unconscious bias.
– Gender equality in education: This session summarises robust research on gendered influences involving young people throughout their lives. Understand the findings behind effective interventions that improve participation and attainment.
– Responding to stereotypes: This interactive session considers why and how we can and should challenge stereotypical behaviour, in and out of the classroom.
– Creating an equitable classroom: This session draws on the previous sessions and introduces a model of the equitable classroom. We will share best practice to achieve equity by managing expectations, stereotypical behaviour, student participation, classroom interactions, resources and strategies.
Light refreshments and a goodie bag of IOP resources will be provided.
- Available Spaces: 27
- Contact Details: [email protected]
- Viridor Theatre, SS Great Britain
- Great Western Dockyard, Bristol, BS1 6TY
Bookings are closed for this event.