Improving gender balance is not just about increasing the number of girls doing physics, or raising the attainment of boys. It is about breaking stereotypes and enabling students to break perceived barriers influenced by their peers, teachers, family and society. In this workshop we will discuss strategies that research has shown to be effective.
We will look at:
– the effect of unconscious bias and why it is important to address;
– simple steps the school can put in place to make education more equitable;
– where to find more information and resources.
- Available Spaces: 27
- Contact Details: [email protected]
- King Edward VI Five Ways School
- Scotland Lane, Birmingham, B32 4BS
- United Kingdom
Bookings are closed for this event.