A conference organised in a collaboration between the Institute of Physics and Royal Society Chemistry brings together key stakeholders in education to provide cross-discipline relevant and accessible information, support and ideas; for Science Teachers from the East and South East regions’ schools and colleges; that can be implemented in the classroom to deliver more engaging and inspiring lessons.
Which sessions will you choose?
Based around the theme of effective practice, our 10 breakout sessions will be CPD-focused with content delivered by specialists.
• Managing risk in the Science department: The teacher’s role
• Recognising hidden disability – it’s not just the naughty kid in the classroom
• Effective Intervention Strategies
• Understanding the Benefits of Time Management and Prioritisation through Effective Planning
• Physics practicals
• Escape room activities for the classroom
• Memory, Modelling, Metacognition and Misconceptions: practical advice for research-informed teaching
• Beyond outcomes alone – curriculum intent and the wider purpose of chemistry/science education
• Socio-scientific inquiry-based learning (SSIBL)
• Extra-curricular ideas
Choose your sessions when you register.
Capacity is limited, so book early to avoid disappointment via this link here -www.rsc.org/events/detail/37098/inspiring-science-teachers#contacts
We’re looking forward to seeing you in London this June.
- Contact Details: [email protected]
- IOP HQ
- 37 Caledonian Road, London , N1 9BU
- United Kingdom