The IOP Ireland – Raising Physics Careers Awareness webinar will help teachers to:
• Better understand their role as a person whom young people trust and listen to, and who help shape their opinions and decisions about pursuing physics.
• Work in partnership with other key influencers to ensure that young people and their families receive the correct information and encouragement to consider choosing physics as a subject or career opportunity.
• Share good practice and explore a range of the approaches and resources for further study and career guidance.
• Demonstrate connections between the Physics Curriculum and jobs with an emphasis on transferable skills and their use in traditional and non-traditional physics careers.
• Encourage discussions about studying physics post-secondary school and guide students and their parents/carers towards trusted physics-related study and career information.
• Learn more about the support and resources available from IOP including the upcoming IOP Limit Less Careers Week (1-6 March 2021) series of events.
Please register to confirm your place – please note that registrations close on Tuesday 23 February at 2pm.
Bookings are closed for this event.