Electricity can be a difficult topic to teach, for a variety of reasons – not least the abstract nature of the concepts and problems with kit malfunctioning. We’ll look at the challenges you face as teachers, but also the challenge we can present students with to improve their learning.
It would be great if before the session you could:
1. Look at the models used in your scheme of work for teaching electricity
2. Get hold of one of these: https://www.timstar.co.uk/so76115-cosmic-ball.html
3. Have to hand a 9B or 8B pencil or pencil refill
4. Have an LED or two
5. Have a 9V PP3 battery
6. If you can borrow a multimeter and some graph paper, that would be a bonus.
The session will be interactive and hopefully fun.
The joining link will be emailed in advance of the session.
- IOP South Region
- Online event, Accessed via Go To Meeting,
Bookings are closed for this event.