In this series of online sessions we will explore themes of teaching approaches which can be applied in a variety of content areas and therefore undertaken at any time of the year irrespective of course content being covered.
This first session will look at the use of spreadsheets in analysing practical work data to verify relationships (a favourite is plotting kinetic energy against v, v2, v3 etc).
After the first of the sessions the format of each session will be:
1. Plenary on previous session with short (1 min max from each participant) sharing of the use of an approach from previous session.
2. Resources sharing on a Google drive only accessible to course participants.
3. Input and stimulus from IOPS Physics Coaches on the topic for the session.
4. Group discussion on first thoughts and ideas on how to apply the approach in upcoming content.
5. The next session would be at least 4 weeks later giving the participants a chance to try out the approach with classes. IOP Scotland Coaches would be available in the meantime to give email support on adopting an approach to particular content/contexts.
Subsequent sessions already planned are:
Thursday 28th October Use of online Forms for formative assessment
Monday 22nd November Literacy in Physics
Wed 26th January Web research OR interfacing and mobile devices depending on interest
Thursday 24th February Effective use of analogies, modelling and outdoor learning
- Online event, Accessed using Zoom,
Bookings are closed for this event.