In this session we will be looking at:
• The difference between longitudinal and transverse waves (with some examples)
• Wave characteristics (amplitude, wavelength, frequency, time period)
• Wave speed equation
• Equation linking time period and frequency
• Sound and ultrasound, using speed=distance/time in ultrasound calculations
• EM waves with wave speed equation practice
• Time permitting – Lenses, ray diagrams and magnification
We will be examining conceptual understanding and working through examples step by step with a particular focus on areas which students may find challenging.
The session is suitable for anyone teaching light and waves at KS4.
- Available Spaces: 42
- Contact Details: [email protected]
- Group: Teaching Physics in London, East of England and Kent
Bookings are closed for this event.