A seminar run by the IOP professional practice group, for anyone supporting teachers of physics. The afternoon will look at developing the pedagogical content knowledge of teachers around the subject of light.
Seeing the light
There are many challenges when teaching light. As a physics coach we need to decide on what pedagogy needs a clear focus to help our teachers with:
• Drawing and interpreting ray diagrams
• Identifying misconceptions about seeing and what to do about it
• Managing practical work in darkness
Please bring along your favourite coaching resources for this topic to share with the group.
Please feel free to arrive at 12.15 for lunch!
- Available Spaces: 23
- Contact Details: [email protected]
- Institute of Physics
- 37 Caledonian Road, London, N1 9BU
Bookings are closed for this event.