A seminar run by the IOP professional practice group, for anyone supporting teachers of physics. We will be looking at forces and explanations.
What make for a good explanation? Can explaining as a skill be taught? How are visualizations of science entities created – from electrons to energy? To what extent should we be talking in the everyday? And what is the role of stories?
There are many challenges when teaching forces and motion. It’s sometime difficult to know where to start. We will be looking at:
• Typical misconceptions and what to do about them
• The role of diagnostic questions
• What to prioritise in a 1 hour session
• Practical ideas
Please bring along your favourite coaching resources for forces to share with the group and explanations that you have loved and lost. A great chance to meet other coaches and share practice. Remember – sharing is caring!
- Available Spaces: 6
- Contact Details: [email protected]
- Group: Teaching Physics in London, East of England and Kent
- Institute of Physics
- 37 Caledonian Road , London, N1 9BU
Bookings are closed for this event.