A seminar run by the IOP professional practice group, for anyone supporting teachers of physics.
1-2pm (teacher explanations)
2-3pm (student explanations)
• What make for a good explanation?
• Can explaining as a skill be taught?
• How can visualisations support explanations?
• What is the role of stories in explanations?
• How can teachers support pupils’ written explanations?
We will focus our explanations on the topic of forces to follow on from our morning session, but do bring any resources relevant to explanations that you think would be useful to share!
- Available spaces: 35
- Contact details: email@example.com
- Group: Teaching Physics in London, East of England and Kent
- Add to your calendar
Bookings are closed for this event.