This is a day for your school’s budding science ambassadors.
Run by the IOP, groups of students are supported by IOP experts, local mentors and STEM ambassadors. The day includes:
– Hands-on experiments and practical activities;
– Presentation skills training;
– Group presentations and feedback;
– A set of teaching resources to use with your ambassador group, including information on problem-solving, creativity and communication.
Once trained, the students can then represent the school’s science department at Open Evenings, primary school transition workshops, enrichment week, afterschool STEM clubs etc.
This really is a fun day for all students and teacher involved. Places will be taken up fast.
Each school can bring along up to 10 students from a year group of their choice between years 7-9 (normally a school brings students all from the same year group).
The accompanying member of staff does not need to be a science teacher but it is preferable as they will then be able to support the students to develop their new skills further upon return to school.
Students will need to provide their own packed lunch. Lunch is provided for staff.
There is no cost for this event.
- Cirencester College
- Stroud Road, Cirencester, GL7 1XA
- United Kingdom
Bookings are closed for this event.