The aim of the Science Ambassadors’ Day is to build student confidence, team-working, problem solving and communication skills enabling them to develop and run outreach workshops for primary schools and other events such as open evenings.
With the exception of the travel arrangements each school makes to transport the students and supervising teacher to and from Moulsham School, there is NO FINANCIAL COST to teachers of schools. We only ask that students attend the day, and that staff follow up sessions with students, providing coordinated opportunities for outreach with local primary schools etc.
Schools are invited to send groups of up to 10 students from years 7, 8 or 9, with a supervising teacher, the main proviso being that at least 50% of the students attending from each school should be girls. There are 50 student places available.
What will be provided on the day:
A full day of training for students using IOP experts, local mentors and, where possible, STEM ambassadors. This includes:
* team building activities
* practical activities and confidence building
* presentation skills training
* group presentations and feedback
* a set of teaching resources to use with your ambassador group.
Benefits for the students:
* improved confidence
* increased science capital
* increased exposure to career paths resulting from science qualifications
Benefits to the school:
* stronger links with feeder schools, helping to foster interest in science from a young age
* raised profile of science across the school
* a potential increase in retention for science A levels
**Please note that by signing up and attended this event, you agree to assist us with evaluation of the programme to ensure its future**
- Available Spaces: 0
- Contact Details: [email protected]
- Moulsham High School
- BRIAN CLOSE, CHELMSFORD, CM2 9ES
This event is fully booked.