Rubgy Workshop 2013 – descriptor
# Computational modelling workshop
Learning physics is quite hard, yet physics is rather simple.
We ask children to:
- Imagine challengingly simple worlds into existence.
- Express the rules that govern these worlds explicitly.
- Notice how the worlds evolve.
- Compare the lived-in world with these imagined worlds.
Creating explicit computational models with children provides resources to support each of these phases, so lightening the load.
Wider benefits include creating intellectually valuable entities and insights into the essential limitations of modelled forecasts.
In the workshop you will:
- Select building blocks for particular tasks
- Construct models from these blocks
- Evaluate the models and the opportunities
I’ll be open to continuing the conversation on TalkPhysics.