• Author
      Profile photo of Andrew Normand

Good morning and Happy Monday

A very quick email to follow up the one from Bob last week; I’m taking over the mentoring role as part of my TLC work with the Stimulating Physics Network. I may have met some of you at the York summer school; in which case, hello again!

I’ve been a classroom physics/science teacher for the past ten years, but over the past few have also been spending a fair bit of my time on curriculum development and sharing practice online. I’m a member of the ASE and have been involved with several projects to link research evidence to classroom methods. I blog and tweet, so am fairly used to working with people via a keyboard. Hopefully there will be opportunities to meet up in person too. On a more personal level, I’m a rock climber and walker, currently training for my third 10k. I have two kids (with a third due any time now), two cats and four chickens. I read voraciously but watch little TV. I’m living in Burton, probably a fair bit South of most of you.

I’m really looking forward to working with you and my other ‘mentees’. My aim is to send an email at least fortnightly with ideas, links and news that you can use pretty much immediately, but it would really help if you could share anything you’d particularly like support with. Please let me know if there’s anything I can do to help you with your physics teaching. I remember how busy the NQT year can be and will always aim to make your life easier, not take up your time with things you can’t put into use straight way.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?