• Author
      Profile photo of Andrew Normand

On the profile page there’s a field that says “About me” but when you go to edit that section it doesn’t show up so you can’t put anything in it.

I am haivng other issues – my profile seems to ignore my use of capital letters, converting everything I write into lower case.

Aditionally, the “about me section” just says “Array” and not what I entered.

I thought we’d looked at this, but I was mistaken. It’s on the list…

When saving an edit, words are reordered (e.g. in address), captial letters are removed (all fields — just first letter of field is left capitalised) and the “about me” bit is eaten (scrambled, then gone).

My first name was also replaced with my full name, resulting in the previous “Stuart Billington Billington” issue reappearing.  I’ve reeditted it to fix, but not sure why it happened in the first place.

PS  To clarify, I’ve reeditted my first name to “Stuart Billington” and left my family name as blank.  This is so that I appear as “Stuart Billington” throughout the site and not as “Stuart”.  I feel that this should be a site for professionals to communicate professionally; it’s not Facebook…

We’d done quite a bit of work on sorting out names, and I’d hoped that was resolved. It looks like at least some users, including your account, still have a problem. I’ll pass this to our developer.

We’ve drastically redesigned the profile page, so hopefully this will be resolved when these go live in the next week or so.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?