• Author
      Profile photo of Andrew Normand

I’m getting this several times a day, and in the middls of sessions (eg when using the HTML editor window). After a short time it comes back again….

Just had another very annoying burts of this…

Or even a burst.. about 2 mins where simply no contact was offfered – but i could reach many other http sites

Hi Ian,

The next time this happens, please can you let us know your OS, browser & version, along with a screenshot?  I’ll then be able to take it to support.

Tamsyn 

It happens on both Safari and Chrome on OSX. As indicated above, I can reach other sites from either…

Another burst:

09.21 – 09.22 2013-06-14

– Safari Version 6.0.4 (7536.29.13)

–   Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

Again: 06.16-06:20 (approx). ~6 DoS.

Thanks for letting me know.  I’ve passed these updates on to the support team.

Support have asked for screenshots; please email these to me if this happens again.

Tamsyn 

I get this too with same Mac OS as Ian. Also on my iPod. I don’t think it’s a TalkPhysics problem. It also happens with e.g. BBC which suddenly cannot be found. I suspect it’s an ISP problem.

David

Hi David,

I suspect you may be right; but we’re double checking with Support re. bandwith/connection and server load/uptime to make sure.

Tamsyn 

Hi Ian & David,

Looking at the logs, we have 100% uptime for application & server – and Support don’t think that the number of posts/comments/page views is enough to strain server resources.

They’ve managed to replicate the errors when a page/script/command takes longer than necessary to execute due to a user’s slow internet connetction – it looks like your ISP might be the issue here.

We’ll keep an eye on it, though, and investigate further if needed.

Tamsyn 

I’m supposed to be on an 18M connection now, so it might have been an issue a year ago..not connection speed, pe se.

A ping test (command prompt or otherwise) when you next experience the error would be helpful.  Is that possible?

Tamsyn 

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?