• Author
      Profile photo of Andrew Normand

I hope that you have had a good break and wish you  a “Happy New Year”.

This email is to let you know about our event for the London Region this term. We are holding our second evening for PGCE students and early career teachers. The event will be held in the Hooke Room at The Institute of Physics, 76 Portland Place on either Thursday 28th February or Wednesday 6th March from 6:30 p.m. As before there are two possible dates and we would like you to complete the doodle poll to show your availability and will select the most popular date. The Doodle poll is here http://www.doodle.com/m3b7bw6idrwzkbmb

Why not take this opportunity to meet other teachers and students for an informal and relaxed evening of discussion centring around student misconceptions and use of Supporting Physics Teaching (SPT) Resources in teaching.  A buffet supper will be provided.

The nearest tube stations are Regents Park and Great Portland Street. Travel details are available at http://www.iop.org/contact/travel/page_43721.html

If you need any further information please do not hesitate to contact me.

Liz

Thank you all for a great evening tonight! 🙂

Hi All

It was great to see you all last night and I hope that you had a really good time and found our discussions useful!

If you were not able to attend our Spring Event copies of the power point and handouts used and some background documents are attached below.

sps_event_spring_2013.pptx

23058national_strategies-scientific_everyday_meanings.doc

23055national_strategies-misconceptions.pdf

23052national_strategies-understanding_misconceptions_teacher_guidance.pdf

forces_and_electricity_true_false_cards.xlsx

Hi All

Here is a summary of some of the discussion on misconceptions please add your comments!

Liz

ects_experiences_of_misconceptions.xlsx

Hello everyone. At the end of the evening you kindly completed an evaluation of the event and a short survey to help us plan the next (6-6-2013). Most wanted us to included some more physics teaching ideas and content and to let you know in advance what the topics would be so that you could think about it before you come.

Everyone was happy with the IOP as a venue, as were those who did not attend but responded to a later email from me.

I have a list of possible future topics and we’ll address one or more of them at our summer meeting.

Until June 6th I wish you all a successful term and a good half term break.

Alan

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?