• Author
      Profile photo of Andrew Normand

It seems to me there is a mistake in SPT 11-14 El 01 PN. On frame 3.1 paragraph 3 reads: ” when these components are not connected into a circuit…” I stumbled over the abrupt refererence to “these components” as this is the first mention of components in that chapter “metallic wires” until I found on the previous frame 2.2  “..atoms that make up the battery, wires and bulb. When these components are not connected…”

Am I misunderstanding the intentions of the author when I assume this was frame 3.1 is to be read as : “When the components we looked at in frame 2.2 are not connected to form a circuit, a steady small drift velocity….” ?

I hope this helps to point out where others may have difficulties following the text too.

Let me know if there is a better place to make such comments, Ian, I may have more when I have read through the whole document carefully

Andreas

Thanks Andreas. suggestions here are goof, but probably a PM  to me fils up people’s notifications less?

In any case, now fixed, I think.

I came across what seems a glitch in http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11977706/XBP/El_ParallelLoops/index.html.

I had frame two showing charges flowing through the wire with the bulbs in parallel. clicking on the magnifying lens in the bottom right segment of the circuit shows the flow of charges disappearing after a short while of flowing to the left.

This is obviously the opposite of what you always stress: the wire does not become emptied of charge!

I tried messaging you before, but thought that no reply indicated it had not reached you. That this comment is visible to others who have signed up to this group, and alerts them to possible problems (and their resolution by you) in what they may have already downloaded does not seem a bad thing to me. Feel free to delete or annotate these posts when problems have been resolved. Or should this be in another group?

Sorry for catching you at a stressful time, Ian but I rather not put off comments or I’ll forget what I meant to say.

Andreas

Indeed this is incorrect, and applies to all of the bottom magnifying glasses on pane2. Sadly we’d have to blame incorrect looping parameters in Actionscript, which is beyond my technical ability. Marked for action. I’ve added a note to the help file, which I can do.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Forgot your details?